As the top says, we like to sail, travel and eat. Most of this blog is written with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Beware that I might get a bit salty with the language at times, but it's all in good fun.
And despite what you may read, we are a very happily married couple.because we can laugh at ourselves.
Laugh. Love. Eat. Sail. Enjoy.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

The tide is high....and I can't get on my boat

I am a tall person, but even for me, high tide can be a bit of a challenge.

I've been wanting a boat step for awhile.  Hubby said, oh the ones at WestMarine are too expensive, I got this at Home Depot.

It was a little molded step stool.  Okay, I will clarify, if you haven't guessed it already, I'M NOT GRACEFUL.  So if you expect me to hang on to a shroud and a piling and then step 2 feet down to a rickety step?

It really isn't going to work out so well.

So on our last trip, we visited West Marine, and lo and behold they had these nifty boat steps, all sorts.

I told hubby, I want that.

Why? That's silly. I don't think it'll help any.

Suddenly realizing that I'm a grown woman who works herself, and by golly, if I want that boat step I'm gonna buy the G.Damn boat step.

So, we did.

Later in the day I hooked it up.  La la la, it's wonderful, step and on the boat, step and off the boat, tides and windage be damned.

Later, it gets the 'I've had a few beers and I need to get on the boat' test, and suddenly my spouse is fully in support of the boat step.

And everybody lived happily ever after.

Funny how it's the little things in life.....
This is actually low tide right now.
$24.99 at West Marine, guaranteed cheaper elsewhere on the internet.

However, I am instructed to install some padding on the step so it doesn't mar our beautiful baby.  I can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment