As the top says, we like to sail, travel and eat. Most of this blog is written with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Beware that I might get a bit salty with the language at times, but it's all in good fun.
And despite what you may read, we are a very happily married couple.because we can laugh at ourselves.
Laugh. Love. Eat. Sail. Enjoy.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sail Loft underway--fingers optional

Well, it seems I have this great post.  But my Evil Sailing Sista Sabrina seemed to beat me to the punch, however she gave credit where credit was due so....

okay you ho!............................nestly nice sailing person, and I do mean that.

However as that ho!.............................nestly great gal has been enjoying her kickass boat, I've been quietly adding to the the Evil Sailing Sisters Sew Off rules. Oh, and the revenue of the local wine shop.

So (sew?) the history...Sabrina suggested having a 'challenge', I said hell, let's just go with the throwdown (okay, Bobby Flay, see top, foodie!)

Okay, then later, it becomes smackdown.  What?  WWF here I come!  The only smackdown that's happened is my various implements of sewing and me.  Whatever!

So, the original rules, (if you didn't check out the link already) are:

Okay, I think we need to establish some parameters.

You get:
Points for difficulty of project.
Points if the previous work done was done by an idiot. Unless, of course, the idiot was yourself.
Points if you go 15 minutes without dropping the F bomb and scaring your pets.

Demerits:
More than 5 F-bombs in a 15 minute period.
If you say more than 10 in an hour, you have to go to the penalty box.
Stabbing yourself with seam rippers/scissors/needles anything pokey....and then doing the same dumbass stunt again.
Bleeding on your project. (However, points for efficient blood removal....)

Handicaps:
Rum
Wine
Vodka
Beer
Now, to add to the rules.....


  1. Points if you no longer cuss when you stab some pointy object into various parts of your body. As in, do not remove sail cover in your lap......  Ewwww! Don't start getting gross on me, it wasn't like that, it was my leg! 
  2. Points if you are bleeding on your project as your husband walks in the door (he, after all, just had the sails cleaned) and managing to play cool and hide the brilliant red spot on the brilliant white sail. (In my defense, I didn't even know I was bleedin')
  3. Bonus points if you convince your husband that you Really. Don't. Need. Help.  Seriously, the BandAid/Neosporin/Bandaging Tape supply is low enough.
Demerits:
  1. Having a sudden thought while using the hot knife and just revelling in your thought for a moment.  Sunbrella will light on fire if you make it!
  2. Losing your shit on the spouse when he says, "I hope you get that done soon, I don't want the sail to get dirty/dusty."  In his defense, see above, he did pay to have it cleaned.

Foot UV removed.
Old royal blue on the luff.
And my laundry, yeah, I know.....
New UV strip installed.




No comments:

Post a Comment