As the top says, we like to sail, travel and eat. Most of this blog is written with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Beware that I might get a bit salty with the language at times, but it's all in good fun.
And despite what you may read, we are a very happily married couple.because we can laugh at ourselves.
Laugh. Love. Eat. Sail. Enjoy.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I get by with a little help from my friends....

So, honestly, I have a great sewing set up.  Really, I do, when I used to have time, I used to make my own clothing (I'm 5'10", no torso and built like a Daddy-Long-Legs.....not really a category that the clothing companies go after).

So, over the years I have collected a nice assortment of tools of the trade.  The last one being the Sailrite machine a few years ago.

However, when push comes to shove. Nuthin' beats some home grown 'tewls' to help you get shit accomplished.

Thus, I present, stuff you just didn't know belonged in a sail loft.



Order from left to right:
  1. Yep, that would be canned air like you use on computers. Blows those itty bitty bits of thread way the hell away.
  2. Assorted seam rippers. the one on the left is the shit. And it also is great for impaling thumbs.
  3. My bent tip tweezers from my serger. OMG. The best for grabbing shit in tight places.
  4. Needle nose pliers. Don't knock it until you've tried it, once you start remove thread with those, you'll never go back
  5. The most unusual of the bunch.  And if you are wondering, yes, it IS one of those funky wine opener doodads. I can't open a bottle of wine to save my ass with that (which results in me breaking out in a cold sweat and panicking...Must. Have. My. Precious...), and also, a plastic knife.  Both are brilliant for removing old seam stick or other sorts of two-way tape. I seriously mean it. Blunt, yet thin and strong enough to peel back tape and not hurt the sail. As for opening wine...fuck it.
  6. Scissors (duh), always have big and small pair around. And this part is very important. DO NOT LET YOUR SPOUSE NEAR YOUR SEWING/SAIL LOFT SCISSORS!
Oh, and a vacuum. Works great on ripped seams also (after they land on the floor)

No comments:

Post a Comment