As the top says, we like to sail, travel and eat. Most of this blog is written with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Beware that I might get a bit salty with the language at times, but it's all in good fun.
And despite what you may read, we are a very happily married couple.because we can laugh at ourselves.
Laugh. Love. Eat. Sail. Enjoy.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Conch Republic/Jayhawk Nation now has a navy

And it's led by Admiral Compy Comp.

It didn't take long, and the boy was itching for a lake boat. Okay, to be honest, I was way before him, I missed my place to escape.  I have my Hobie Sailyak, but it's kinda low on privacy and wine storage.

So we looked. I found a boat like our old Catalina in Missouri. Husband sets out the dragnet to all reaches of the continental United States.

But, I thought we were going to try to keep this halfway affordable?  Never mind.

So, after several months we go full circle and we are back to the one of the first boats I was keeping a watch on.  This time patience paid off and they had dropped their price signficantly.  So in a few weeks (after we have some work and clean up done on it) we will have a lake boat.

And it's 100+ degrees in the Midwest.

And the lake as a blue green algae warning.

And for several days there was no wind.

And the boat has no a/c. (soon to change)

So meet HemiD's little sister. Serenity.  She's a Catalina 30 Tall rig (1991) and I know she'll be fun, we enjoyed our last Catalina--which I got to helm a couple weeks ago.



Seriously, what is UP with my spouse and batteries



The fun thing is, we are doing kinda a 'pimp my ride' with this boat and painting her hull blue and I'm redoing the canvas to tan.


1 comment:

  1. Dock family is not different that regular family....ignore us! ha!

    ReplyDelete