As the top says, we like to sail, travel and eat. Most of this blog is written with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Beware that I might get a bit salty with the language at times, but it's all in good fun.
And despite what you may read, we are a very happily married couple.because we can laugh at ourselves.
Laugh. Love. Eat. Sail. Enjoy.

Friday, November 12, 2010

I love my body and my body hates me.....

Eating somewhat healthy on the road is always a daunting task, lately though, I've been managing to pull it off and over the last month I have been rewarded by seeing my actual waist again and diminishing the muffin top.

Until today.

I didn't feel like eating the mediocre overpriced hotel food so I've been running out for lunch. Yesterday, fish tacos, yummmmmmm.  Not to bad as far as the healthy for you part.

Today, I went to Island Burger.  I could have got a salad, I could have got a wrap, I could have got even a chicken sandwich...but no, that there cow was smelling too good.

So I got a bacon cheeseburger with homemade fries.  It was huge, I didn't eat all the burger and I only touched a bit of the fries.

One hour later......my body speaks up.

"You're an asshole."

(I'm so sorry!)

"Really, you are a complete dipshit.  I've been so proud of you, trying to get enough greens in you, eating more fish and leaner cuts of meat. We had a deal and I was living up to my part.  You enjoyed being able to wear those jeans again...DIDN'T YOU!"

(Whimper.  Yes. I'm sorry!)

"No, you get yourself on the computer right now and look up the calorie count of what you ate."

(I don't wanna, please, I'll be good, don't make me)

"DO IT. NOW!"

So I got on the website for Islands and went to their nutritional information. I knew I was in trouble when they start have all these explanations on how the information is coming from a database and may not accurately reflect all of the hard work they do in trying to keep their food (remember, burgers!) as healthy as possible.

So, I made a guess.

I was wrong.

I was wrong by 200 calories.

Not in the right direction either.

HOLY SHIT.  The burger and fries was 1200+ calories. I probably ate in all honesty 900 calories of that.

(Okay, body.  I have been duly chastised.  How about I eat very lightly tonight and tomorrow I'll treat you to something healthy like fresh fish!)

"As long as you learned your lesson, okay."

(But......is it okay if I have some wine tonight?)

"DAMMIT!"


No comments:

Post a Comment