As the top says, we like to sail, travel and eat. Most of this blog is written with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Beware that I might get a bit salty with the language at times, but it's all in good fun.
And despite what you may read, we are a very happily married couple.because we can laugh at ourselves.
Laugh. Love. Eat. Sail. Enjoy.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Characters are welcome

Or...why you probably shouldn't buy a boat on eBay.

So this boat that was waiting to be pulled out of the water.  1977 Jeanneau Gin Fizz ketch, needs a little TLC, engine is seized up.  There's a hole in her rudder.

However, Tim met the new owner who wants to take this boat and bring her back to glory.  Good for him. He must be a glutton for punishment.  However, I was researching this boat and he truly only paid what I actually saw it listed for, helluva deal, well, except for the $20-30K he'll probably need to pour into it.

Oh, and they also plan to sail her to Houston.

He and his wife will be up next week, hopefully we can hook up with them and maybe take them for a sail on the HemiD.

Here's what the bottom looked like when she was  pulled.

That would be a prop.  No really, it is.



I saw this once. It was a movie with Johnny Depp and Geoffry Rush in it.

Here's wishing them luck and I hope to be able to post and update on the boat's progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment