As the top says, we like to sail, travel and eat. Most of this blog is written with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Beware that I might get a bit salty with the language at times, but it's all in good fun.
And despite what you may read, we are a very happily married couple.because we can laugh at ourselves.
Laugh. Love. Eat. Sail. Enjoy.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Tomorrow she goes on the hard

So, more wiring to the NavPod in the cockpit has been installed.  I sat in the back berth yesterday and argued with my computer and my GPS units.  (We have a 478 and a 740).  Miraculously, it all started playing nice and I got waypoints loaded up on both units.

In the meantime, I've been researching/asking questions about this Angelfish creek crossing from Hawk's channel to Biscayne bay.  Sometimes, folks, too much information can just freak the crap out of you.

So pull her tomorrow for the de-rigging.  Next Monday/Tuesday she'll get loaded on the truck.

Things non-electrical that still need to be done.

  1. Three bladed prop
  2. Dripless shaft seal
  3. Line cutter installed on prop (because it's not a matter of if, it's when we snag a stupid lobster pot on our prop)
  4. Paint/not paint?
  5. Look for friggin zebra mussels and evacuate those m-f'ers.
  6. Reorganize boat for balance and make a map of where crap is at.
  7. Load up clothes and stuff that we definitely won't be wearing in Kansas.
Oh, and I also have a trip to Pasadena and La Jolla in there also.

So November 23rd we should be meeting up with the HemiD at Key Largo marina for a few days testing out the re-rigging and goofing off around there.  I think we are going to want to rent a car or something I'm sure the supermarket/West Marine/Fish Market/West Marine/Hardware Store/West Marine will be calling to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment