As the top says, we like to sail, travel and eat. Most of this blog is written with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Beware that I might get a bit salty with the language at times, but it's all in good fun.
And despite what you may read, we are a very happily married couple.because we can laugh at ourselves.
Laugh. Love. Eat. Sail. Enjoy.

Friday, November 11, 2011

Sports for the rest of us--Volvo Ocean Race

My sailing sister over at Wildcat Sailor Girl has already posted about this also.

But sailor people, it's our time of year.  The Volvo Ocean Race is on, and it's already proved pretty interesting.

Like she says, the coverage is taking full advantage of modern media, so you can get posts from the Media crew on the boats, live footage of the InPort races and scheduled updates on their progress.

Will it be on U.S. TV---that would be a ... no.

The main website is www.volvooceanrace.com. Also, I know there's apps for iPhone/iPad and I think Android.

I really suggest start reading each individual boat's blog, I think they all get translated to English (I did read -- kinda -- Telefonica's update in Spanish. (note to self, brush up on your sailing spanish).

Already, I have been amused by such things as:

1. My husband stating that THEIR boats don't have dodgers. Yeah, and on our boat we don't have to worry about moving 2 tons of crap from leeward to windward and vice versa.
2. Crew members getting seasick and being cured by sausage--which the entire blog made me queasy.
3. New Zealanders--gotta love 'em.  Period.

Best part, the USA port of call will be......MIAMI!!!!

So, will HemiD be part of the spectator fleet?  Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment