As the top says, we like to sail, travel and eat. Most of this blog is written with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Beware that I might get a bit salty with the language at times, but it's all in good fun.
And despite what you may read, we are a very happily married couple.because we can laugh at ourselves.
Laugh. Love. Eat. Sail. Enjoy.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

No wind? No problem! Pool's open!


With no wind, grabbing a mooring ball was a piece of cake, I'm glad I still have that ability.  However, the water was so clear, and I kept getting distracting with ooooh, lookee, pretty fishies.

So as my spouse likes to say..pool's open!

And what a pool it is.  However, somebody dropped in about 50 million jelly fish and it was snorkel, dodge jelly fish, snorkel, dodge the jellies.

I'd been stung as a kid and it felt like being whipped with nettles and left a nice welt, I didn't really know if these guys where THAT kind of jelly or what.

Spouse was like .... well, freaked out at first. It was very ironic because I'm all about avoiding any water that I can't see my own feet in while floating around, so me and the lake at home have a dubious relationship - until 100 degree weather kicks in.  However, here?  Bring it on.

We found out later that they are called moon jellyfish and they have a pretty mild sting to them. They are huge and absolutely beautiful. 

But ... for awhile, I did feel like I was in the scene from 'Finding Nemo' 

So, if you want some good snorkeling that most of the downtown charter boats don't go to--head for the Western Sambos.  Make sure you grab the Florida Keys reef map, they are usually free at all the marinas.


My mooring ball skills are still there!

Pools Open!  And what a pool it is!
Some of our jellyfish friends. And yes that's the reef below us, crystal clear
15 feet of water.  Can't beat that!

No comments:

Post a Comment