As the top says, we like to sail, travel and eat. Most of this blog is written with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Beware that I might get a bit salty with the language at times, but it's all in good fun.
And despite what you may read, we are a very happily married couple.because we can laugh at ourselves.
Laugh. Love. Eat. Sail. Enjoy.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Thar be Cookie Pirates aboard

We once again get up at the butt crack of dawn to continue our journey to Key West.  We should hit the bight by 5-6pm if all goes well.

Once we get stowed and underway I call first dibs on a nap.

Now--before we went on this trip, I explained to my darling spouse that I was having issues with trusting him when its his watch.  This insulted husband immensely.  However, I stuck to my guns and reminded him that every time I went to catch some shut eye (especially since I cannot sleep on the hook) I would wake up and find him down below dinking with the iPad or making a sandwich or some other nonsense.
So, I beat him down to submission and he said he'd try to be a good boy.

Thus comes the Legend of Captain CompyComp the Cookie Pirate.

No sooner than I fall asleep, Tim gets the munchies.  Realizing that if he gets caught down below will just give me more reason to read him the riot act, he proceeds to stealth cookie acquisition mode.

Except, I had stowed said cookies and he couldn't find them.  So, stealthily he perused the cabin for all my food storage spaces pleading to the gods that I will not wake up.  And I'm asleep in the salon also, not our berth so he's really up for a challenge.

He managed to find his cookies and headed back up top.

When I awoke, he was very proud of himself and of course, being my husband, couldn't keep the secret of cookie piracy to himself and promptly told me.

And yep, I yelled at him again.  While laughing.
No one shall come between me and my cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment