As the top says, we like to sail, travel and eat. Most of this blog is written with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Beware that I might get a bit salty with the language at times, but it's all in good fun.
And despite what you may read, we are a very happily married couple.because we can laugh at ourselves.
Laugh. Love. Eat. Sail. Enjoy.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Marina Review: Galleon Marina

The Galleon Marina is in the Historic Key West Bight.  So to start, here's what that means.

  1. Deep enough water for boats.  
  2. Right in the center of the action.
  3. Plenty of fuel and pump out options.
However, you gotta pay to play, and for us, that means, just a few nights stay.  Since it was Conch Republic Independence Celebration, they jacked up the price to $4.50/ft/night and I think 40 ft minimum.

However, the marina and its staff were wonderful. I mentioned earlier my bonding with Eric at Tim's expense.  

But, some of the other plus sides.
  • Floating docks with fingers on each side, plenty of cleats and/or pilings.
  • Electricity/water included, internet (land line) for $3.00/day.
Access to all of the Galleon resort facilities which includes a nice pool, private (albeit small) beach, sunset deck and sauna.

Restrooms are shared with the pool area, but there's a code only entry to the showers. All redone and very nice.

I would prefer to have restrooms/showers in the same area, personally. Not a big thing, but more of a convenience thing.

And although the showers were nice, there was a lack of places to put your crap, a bench per shower would be nice.  There was a nice sink area for primping, no hair dryers, not a big deal. (Only was a big deal when the Florida Keys were 48 degrees!)

However, when you got Blondie Big Tits not being particularly shy about her body, it's really hard to brush out your hair and put on makeup with her standing next to you stark ass naked. And when I say stark ass naked, I mean, Stark. Ass. Naked.

I'm not necessarily a prude, but it kinda put me off, so I return to finish up on the boat. Luckily we have a great sink area for that.

Overall, though, we most likely will stay there again. The access is much simpler than the other marinas. However, over winter it's best to make reservations way in advance.  True off season our boat neighbor told us, starts Memorial Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment