As the top says, we like to sail, travel and eat. Most of this blog is written with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Beware that I might get a bit salty with the language at times, but it's all in good fun.
And despite what you may read, we are a very happily married couple.because we can laugh at ourselves.
Laugh. Love. Eat. Sail. Enjoy.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Key West ho!

After a long, but pleasant downwind run from Channel 5, we made it to the Key West Bight around 5:30pm.

It was cool to be that boat cruising by Mallory square into the Bight and not the poor slob on land wishing they were.

The captain got himself psyched out a bit in approaching our slip.  Multi-million dollar boats tend to do that to him.  Also, without a working knot meter he's been kinda misjudging how fast he's going.

So, thus, we approach our assigned slip at the Galleon Marina at a fairly rapid speed. As in fairly rapid, I mean. HOLY SHIT!  Our dock master, who looked rather like Lewis Black was trying to remain calm while saying "Slow down there, Cap."  In the meantime, I am wondering how far I will be launched off the bow when we hit the dock.

However, 'Cap' really did a good job controlling the boat and we got her tied off.  I went to go check us in while Tim sprayed off the boat.  By the time I made it over to the dockmaster's office, Tim and already become legend.  We had a good laugh at my husband's expense and in his absence.  And they invited us to share their barbecue later--since somehow in the midst of 5 knot docking Erik and Tim managed to have a full conversation about the non-working Magma grill.  WTF?

By the time I got back Tim had rinsed of HemiD and himself and was ready for a drink.  I wanted to fulfill my personal goal of waltzing into the Schooner Wharf Bar crusty with salt and smelling like a sailor, so we just headed over.  Yeah, that's right, I SAILED here  you bitchesesess.

I kicked off the eve with a Dark and Stormy and from there on out the evening got progressively fuzzier.

Shrimping boat heading out for the night.


The USS Normandy in town.  This is a real f***youup ship with
armaments to blow you out of the sky, off of land,
out of the water or even underwater.



Mallory Square pre-Sunset Celebration




Hemi D in her slip safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment