As the top says, we like to sail, travel and eat. Most of this blog is written with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Beware that I might get a bit salty with the language at times, but it's all in good fun.
And despite what you may read, we are a very happily married couple.because we can laugh at ourselves.
Laugh. Love. Eat. Sail. Enjoy.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Restaurant Review--Bimini Boatyard, Ft. Lauderdale

Just a stone's throw away from our usual favorite haunt the Southport Raw Bar.  (fly KC to FLL, stop at the West Marine just by the airport, go eat.  THEN you are ready to start vacation)

However, I had heard about a nice joint called the Bimini Boat Yard, literally just around the corner (or down the canal) from the Raw Bar.

In a word. Yum.

First of all, any joint that will offer me Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc as a happy hour drink wins a special place in heaven with me.  Tim had a couple (40?) Bahama mamas that were kick ass.

Then the food came.  They specialize in fresh made Bimini Bread. OMG! You get a cavity just looking at it.  It was so good. Our fabulous waiter said that we should make french toast out of the left overs. We didn't get a chance (there was a big boat mouse called Tim on board), but I just probably would have died.

I had a seared Ahi Tuna salad that was incredible. Avocados, mango, champagne vinaigrette. Yes.  Tim had Mahi Mahi wood fired grilled. Also, quite awesome.

So, we may have a new favorite place. Didn't hurt that we had a view of some really nice sailboats and fresh breezes and sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment