As the top says, we like to sail, travel and eat. Most of this blog is written with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Beware that I might get a bit salty with the language at times, but it's all in good fun.
And despite what you may read, we are a very happily married couple.because we can laugh at ourselves.
Laugh. Love. Eat. Sail. Enjoy.

Friday, June 28, 2013

The audacity of mice

Our little friend is back.  Since the toilet seat was down this time, there was no scooping him out.

However, he's here.  Dread Pirate Toilet Mouse.

The thing about these little basta......., critters is that they have fantastic homing skills, once they find something they like, they'll keep coming back.

So, now ToiletMouse had his chance, a chance to break free and start a new life somewhere other than our boat, preferably one of the power boats on C Dock.  :-)

That chance was blown, and blown clear out of the water because ToiletMouse is now destroying the interior of the boat.

Gloves are off.  It's me or the mouse (probably mice, but I don't want to think about that right now.)

So, I have this irrational fear, not of mice, they don't bother me.  I don't like knowing they are there and they are possible hiding behind something.  But my irrational fear comes from I picture that they are going to jump out of nowhere like some ninja mouse and rip my face off or something. I have no idea.  It's never happened, usually they just say 'Oh shit' and scurry away.  But i fear the ninja mouse.

Back to toilet mouse.  So, I see some suspicious scraps of torn up material on our settee cushion. Please don't tell me he's tearing up our cushions, I'm not ready to tackle that job yet.

So I pull back the back cushion to see, and lo and behold. Mr. Mouse is in the storage behind the seat making himself I nice little nest in some material we have back there (I think it's the old screen surround for the old bimini).  To which Mr. Mouse looks out at me, 'Oh HI, gotta go!' and disappears into the cubby.  No, jumping out, no ripping faces off.

So, war has been declared.  I envision that this is going to turn into some psychotic version of Caddyshack with me in the role of Bill Murray. GUNGA GALUNGA!

Right now, the boat is decorated with several tempting peanut butter laced mouse traps.  All foodstuffs have been removed.  In order to entice Mr. Mouse, I ran some water in the sinks (I'm sure he's starting to get thirsty).   I'm sure when I get back up to the boat all traps will be sprung and no mouse.

As for me, I'm off to search for this, seriously, why didn't somebody tell me this existed?


No comments:

Post a Comment