As the top says, we like to sail, travel and eat. Most of this blog is written with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Beware that I might get a bit salty with the language at times, but it's all in good fun.
And despite what you may read, we are a very happily married couple.because we can laugh at ourselves.
Laugh. Love. Eat. Sail. Enjoy.

Friday, May 27, 2011

Returning to Miami


We needed to get the boat back up to the slip in Miami. After all we were still paying for it.  Instead of a marathon bashing up north with the headwinds we decided to mosey on up.  Good thing for more than one reason.

But more on that later.

I cashed in the frequent flyer miles and we were able to fly directly into Key West. However, it was the first time I rode a 7freaking3freaking7 into Key West.  I think the Key West pilots are required to have had aircraft carrier experience before flying that route.

You know it’s going to be fun when the pilot comes on and says okay folks, I’m going to hit the runway hard and apply a lot of braking.  As I watched the Conch Republic passenger terminal whiz by, I thought to myself, we are running outta runway.  However, he got the bird stopped and we got to disembark princess style on the tarmac.

We dumped some stuff off at the boat, poured some drinks (there was wine on board, YAY ME) and wandered out to the tiki hut on the point. 

Where we met Digger the water sprite.  She’s a Jack Russell terrier who practically lives in the water, she’s hilarious to watch because she uses her little tail as a rudder. We chatted to the owner for a while before heading downtown.  She is one the people I envy, full time cruiser, albeit on a motor yacht. Don’t envy their diesel bills.

So, we visited our usual haunts and came across GoldenGirl Jean at the Chart Room.  She’s one of these people who decided to chuck it all and follow her dreams.  Awesome lady, and one of the Mel Fisher crew.  She actually got to dive the wreck, and came up with an emerald the size of an almond, she still wears it today. Of course, I was thinking…how much boat crap can be bought with that bauble.


Goldgirl Jean with her find


Jean Today--still beautiful


No comments:

Post a Comment