As the top says, we like to sail, travel and eat. Most of this blog is written with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Beware that I might get a bit salty with the language at times, but it's all in good fun.
And despite what you may read, we are a very happily married couple.because we can laugh at ourselves.
Laugh. Love. Eat. Sail. Enjoy.

Monday, May 16, 2011

How to be my hero (even if I'm not with you)


One of our favorite performers in Key West is Mustafa, he often plays the sunset celebration and Blue Heaven.  Mostly its covers done in his own Caribbean way.  You can see videos of him on YouTube.

We hadn’t seen him in awhile so, we had been getting worried, he’s not exactly a spring chicken. 

So Tim calls me up from Mallory Square all excited. Mustafa is here.  Although, I was glad to hear he was alive and well, I wasn’t as amused to be sitting in Kansas on a Friday night while my husband is sipping adult drinks on Mallory Square.  So I signed off so he could enjoy himself and I could wallow in self pity appropriately.

Later, I get a call about the ‘rest of the story’.  Evidently, Bongo Boy, most likely not a member of the Mallory Square street performer group, sets up shop about 20 feet from Mustafa and starts merrily bongo-ing away.  And Tim can no longer hear Mustafa.  And Bongo Boy ain’t that good.

So, Tim walks over to Bongo Boy and says, “Here, here’s 20 bucks. Go away”.  Bongo Boy was like: “Really? Seriously?”  Tim: “Yes.”  So Bongo Boy takes the twenty and moves further down the square, and also started playing softer, which evidently was part of the negotiations.

Now, that was just awesome.  I would have loved to be there for that.

Now, THAT’S how you impress this gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment