As the top says, we like to sail, travel and eat. Most of this blog is written with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Beware that I might get a bit salty with the language at times, but it's all in good fun.
And despite what you may read, we are a very happily married couple.because we can laugh at ourselves.
Laugh. Love. Eat. Sail. Enjoy.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Noisy neighbors that I love

One of the perks -- perhaps only to me former Navy brat -- is the twice daily air show that we get from our neighbors at the Key West NAS.

It's considered the Top Gun of the east coast (original being Miramar, CA just north of San Diego)

So, like clockwork, 11am and 4pm we can sit in our cockpit, turn on some Kenny Loggins and watch billions of of tax dollars come in for landing.  The normal repertoire includes F-16 trainers, F-18, and F-22s.

When you see the tanker come in, you know the show's about to start

Fast flying fighters photograph faultily

Stay STILL!  I'm trying to take a picture here!

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, do you crank the Kenny Loggin's Top Gun theme? That is awesome! Just be sure to grab the right Kenny on the iPod. You don't your private air show to be ruined by Kenny G and his mellow sax.

    ~~_/)~~
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG--too funny. My first date with the Spouse:

    Trying to set a mood, he pours wine, he has cheese tray. On goes Kenny G.
    My skin starts crawling.
    I cannot STAND Kenny G. nothing personal, just drives me nuts. He didn't know.

    We still laugh about it to this day.

    ReplyDelete