As the top says, we like to sail, travel and eat. Most of this blog is written with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Beware that I might get a bit salty with the language at times, but it's all in good fun.
And despite what you may read, we are a very happily married couple.because we can laugh at ourselves.
Laugh. Love. Eat. Sail. Enjoy.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Fresh water conchs say A bientot.. for now

So, after we got Hemi D stowed, we planned to stay at a hotel in Key West the last night for our flight out the next day.

One of our favorite 'splurge' hotels was nearly empty so I got a great deal on a room with a balcony overlooking Mallory square.

And about fainted in happiness when I saw that the white wine in the mini bar was a half bottle of Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc.

Tim decided to treat himself to a machine (of course it was on MY credit card!) and I took a luxurious shower, nap and completely chilled for awhile.  It's the simple things that can really do it for you.

So we decide to watch the set up for the Sunset Celebration and this sudden thunder cell forms and rolls through, it was pretty awesome if you are a weather geek like me.  It even had the decency to hit, cool the area down and leave in time for sunset, very polite if you ask me.

One of the old wharf buildings converted to shops and restaurants in Mallory Square.

The incoming storm.

Our going away present from Mother Nature.
A beautiful double rainbow.


No comments:

Post a Comment