As the top says, we like to sail, travel and eat. Most of this blog is written with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Beware that I might get a bit salty with the language at times, but it's all in good fun.
And despite what you may read, we are a very happily married couple.because we can laugh at ourselves.
Laugh. Love. Eat. Sail. Enjoy.

Friday, March 16, 2012

I'm on a boat---


Not my boat, but a DAMN COOL boat.

I've been bugging my spouse to go out on a sunset sail on the new America 2.0.  She's modeled after the original America.  (oh-kay kiddies--why the America...I'll pause for 5 seconds while you Wikipedia it)

Okay, your 5 seconds are up.

So, she's pretty. VERY PRETTY. And new eco-friendly design. (however, whatever you read about electric propulsion motors on her--ain't happened yet, they are working diesel until the next yard haul)

All that doesn't matter. She's fast, and she's smooth. For a sea sick girl as I, I was enthralled.  In love.

And the poor gal next to me was hurling over the rail.  I felt so bad for her.  Neither she or her boyfriend had ever been on a sailboat before.  So let's try a replica of the original America's Cup boat to try our sea legs out on.  Poor thing, I really felt for her.

At one point we were flying along at 10-12 knots, did I say how smooth she was?  She was smoooooooth.

Soon she'll be heading up to NYC for her summer season, if you get a chance, give her a go.

Pretty even in port

Loved the crew, reefing's for weenies.

Have no idea what the spouse was doing to distract the captain
Probably don't want to know


No comments:

Post a Comment