As the top says, we like to sail, travel and eat. Most of this blog is written with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Beware that I might get a bit salty with the language at times, but it's all in good fun.
And despite what you may read, we are a very happily married couple.because we can laugh at ourselves.
Laugh. Love. Eat. Sail. Enjoy.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Actually sailing...

So, we finally kept it together enough to take our boat out on Sunday.  It was a little too choppy to do any enjoyable swimming/snorkeling off the boat, so we decided to take her out past the reef and do some true blue water sailing for experience.

I'm not sure how far we got out into the Florida Straits--probably a couple miles or more past the outer reef.  Enough that the bottom dropped out and we were in some BEE-YOU-TEE-FULL sapphire blue water.  It's a color blue that you just cannot imagine until you've been in it.

In the cruise ship days--I used to go out on deck and just look at that water.  To experience it in my own sailboat---priceless.

And, as Tim had learned from his previous outing with the boys in blue water.  It's not as bad as inside the reef as far as wave action.

And--I can be proof of that--the motion sickness Geiger Counter that I am--400 feet of water?  Okay.  15 feet of water---bouncy bouncy bouncy.

I didn't bother to take pics of the water, it wouldn't do it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment