As the top says, we like to sail, travel and eat. Most of this blog is written with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Beware that I might get a bit salty with the language at times, but it's all in good fun.
And despite what you may read, we are a very happily married couple.because we can laugh at ourselves.
Laugh. Love. Eat. Sail. Enjoy.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Update on the project boat

Over Thanksgiving, I talked about the 'project boat' that was on the hard and Spouse met the owner.

Well, he talked to him today and I guess things have really progressed.  Evidently, he himself is a general contractor, but not necessarily in marine things.

The last time we were there, they were rebuilding the rudder (the other had a nice little 8 inch hole in it) the folks that were doing it did an incredibly fantastic job. It was a wood core to be glassed over.

Well, I am happy and awed to announce that B. and his wife sailed the old girl not only around the Keys but all the way up to St. Petersburg.  WAY TO GO!  Without an autopilot.  Shit yeah.  And it was cold.

B mentioned that they went through Key West during the Key West race week, he was annoyed because there were no anchorages or moorings or slips.  I'm like OMG KEY WEST RACE WEEK!  Evidently, not the same for him.

Anyhow, bully for them.  Obviously the boat got a good home.  I hope to see her one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment