As the top says, we like to sail, travel and eat. Most of this blog is written with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Beware that I might get a bit salty with the language at times, but it's all in good fun.
And despite what you may read, we are a very happily married couple.because we can laugh at ourselves.
Laugh. Love. Eat. Sail. Enjoy.

Monday, January 10, 2011

I interrupt this post for a brief announcement

A lot of people have been asking about our trip.  I told them, it was nice, but we froze our asses off.

They said, oh poor babies, 55 degrees isn't that cold.

Yes.

Yes it is.

So shut up.

I will bundle up in the mornings when it is 70 degrees.  The simple fact is:  you are on the water folks. And it always feels cooler on the water.

And now---add wind chill. Not only by the actual wind, but by the apparent wind that the boat is creating.

Then add salt spray - wet = cold.

So, once again, I say SHUT UP.  One of a sailor's greatest enemies is hypothermia.  Keeping warm is imperative, it can affect you physically and mentally your ability to respond to a situation.

Tim and I did hour on/off watches. We took it seriously. Stopping at Marathon was the right thing for us to do.

We may fly by the seat of our pants a lot, but we aren't complete idiots.

So, next time we take the boat out in 50 degree weather, come along


......bring the swimsuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment