As the top says, we like to sail, travel and eat. Most of this blog is written with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Beware that I might get a bit salty with the language at times, but it's all in good fun.
And despite what you may read, we are a very happily married couple.because we can laugh at ourselves.
Laugh. Love. Eat. Sail. Enjoy.

Monday, August 26, 2013

The 'other boat' in the fleet

My little red skate doesn't get much press here on the blog.  It's a single Hobie Adventure Island that I bought about 3 years ago or so.

The past couple of weeks, we've really been getting to use her, she needs some love over the winter with some tuning up and sail repairs but it hasn't slowed her down.

The spouse and I take turns.  Usually I come back with the back filled with all sorts of lake trash.  The aluminum cans wind up in the donation bin for the local humane society, so I don't mind picking up.  Keep your waterways clean!

A note to the power boaters--this IS NOT a jet ski, I do not enjoy you coming close so I can get hang time on your wake.  And neither does Little Red.

The spouse heading off to play.

Screen shot from the Navionics App showing my average speed.
(The phone got put away after I picked up another knot of speed)

Now, it's interactive boating time!  With a waterproof camera I filmed some of my afternoon voyage. It's been edited for time and fingers in the view finder.



1 comment:

  1. Yay little skate!

    ~~_/)~~
    Sabrina
    s/v Honey Ryder Caliber 40 LRC

    ReplyDelete