As the top says, we like to sail, travel and eat. Most of this blog is written with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Beware that I might get a bit salty with the language at times, but it's all in good fun.
And despite what you may read, we are a very happily married couple.because we can laugh at ourselves.
Laugh. Love. Eat. Sail. Enjoy.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

So long, HemiD

By the end of this month, we will have closed on the Hemi D.  Bittersweet to be sure, she was a good boat to us, very forgiving as we learned, very comfortable when we in the Keys.

However, I'm very happy to say that she's going to great new owners.  Very nice people, new to sailing, but they are taking classes and our broker is going to give them free lessons.

I know she's going to be in good hands with Alan and Danielle.

We apparently got a glowing preliminary report from the surveyor, so that's a big load off our minds.

Hemisphere Dancer (sooned to be renamed Finalmente) off for her sea trials.

The sea trials went great, I didn't go along, I was still not up to snuff from the previous days adventures.  But even though it was a bit rough, Danielle and Alan had a blast out on the water, so that's good.


1 comment:

  1. By Hemi-D. Thanks for all the memories....those that I do remember.

    ~~_/)~~
    Sabrina
    s/v Honey Ryder
    Caliber 40 LRC

    ReplyDelete