As the top says, we like to sail, travel and eat. Most of this blog is written with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Beware that I might get a bit salty with the language at times, but it's all in good fun.
And despite what you may read, we are a very happily married couple.because we can laugh at ourselves.
Laugh. Love. Eat. Sail. Enjoy.

Monday, August 19, 2013

Another sail loft project

This one really intimidated me.  New cockpit cushions.  Never been a fan, used to help my mom with some upholstery projects, never liked it.

Or maybe it was when a piece of a couch about took her index finger off.  That crap kinda sticks with you.

However, with a big thanks to Sailrite (and a thank you for not calling me after I ordered my THIRD zipper and say, now just what is wrong with you, child.)  With some free videos online, great service, great inventory, I was able to pattern and kick out new cockpit cushions for the boat.



Next boat project this fall will be woodwork and leather wrapping the wheel.

2 comments:

  1. Very, very nice. You do such a fabulous job on your canvas work. Did you recover them or use new foam?

    ~~_/)~~
    Sabrina
    s/v Honey Ryder
    Caliber 40 LRC

    ReplyDelete
  2. New foam.

    New foam is $$$$$$$$$. and you can only order by piece, not by yard.

    2 inch open cell over 1/2 in closed cell (for support), closed cell is punched to allow drainage, and breathability.

    Bottom is breathable underlining, which has excellent anti-skid capabilities, so cockpit cushions don't want to go flying at heel.

    ReplyDelete