As the top says, we like to sail, travel and eat. Most of this blog is written with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Beware that I might get a bit salty with the language at times, but it's all in good fun.
And despite what you may read, we are a very happily married couple.because we can laugh at ourselves.
Laugh. Love. Eat. Sail. Enjoy.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Roaming Gnome, Part II

Mostly pictures this time.

So, next stop Savannah.  Because that's just a hop skip and a jump from San Diego.  My colleague and I went out to Tybee Island to a restaurant that was highly recommended.  Food was acceptable, but ambience was what it was all about.  (and they had Kim Crawford Sauv Blanc by the glass super cheap,  I'm easy)


The Crab Shack Tybee Island.  Alligators included.

Peach basket lights.  I like.
I also liked the tables. Hole in the center leading to trash basket,
just eat and push all your shit into the trash.

View from our table.

Pirates (?) of the Savannah.

After Savannah, I flew up to Maryland for my second week of work.  Since I had the weekend free I went up to Havre de Grace (which the locals call...bananas...no, they actually say Haver de Grayce or some weird shit like that) and saw a man about a boat.  I really did.  New chapter in the chronicles of Nautical Hawk?  ooooh, don't we love a cliff hanger.

There's once in a while my country's history slaps me up side the head.
This was one of the times. There were many 'Washington Stood Here' signs in Havre de Grace.
Okay, I'll buy it.  Who's around to prove them wrong?

Next stop Patuxent River/Lexington Park

Sailors on the Pax River

Everybody has a Tiki Bar.

History 

Ultra cool/kinda creepy driftwood sculture by a local artist.

The big bridge between Solomons and Lexington Park.  Yes, it's big.

I also had a brief stopover in Annapolis.  But Annapolis is getting its own postings.

1 comment:

  1. Savannah boat with all the skeletons - 3 hour tour?
    I vote kewl but creepy on the sculpture.

    ~~_/)~~
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete