As the top says, we like to sail, travel and eat. Most of this blog is written with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Beware that I might get a bit salty with the language at times, but it's all in good fun.
And despite what you may read, we are a very happily married couple.because we can laugh at ourselves.
Laugh. Love. Eat. Sail. Enjoy.

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Snowstorm Nika

I'm still not sure how I feel about naming winter storms.  It irritates the piss out the NWS, which is amusing, but some of these names are just goofy.  But, it was entertaining to watch The Weather Channel people all say the name differently, you woulda thought that they might have had a pre-game meeting on that, hmmmm?

I think we brought this on ourselves.  Because I distinctly remember having the conversation with different people...didn't it seemed like it snowed more when we were kids?

(Then I thought, wait, when I was a kid I lived in places like Hawaii/Seattle/Okinawa.  We were stationed at Great Lakes, but you EXPECT snow up there. )

I digress...the conversations were made.  And I think Mother Nature overheard.

And she said: Oh really?  Well, let's bring it the f*** on!

So, while I watched Jim Cantore from the Weather Channel merrily hanging out at the KC Country Club Plaza saying how this area NEVER gets this much snow...

We did.  To be followed by temperatures in the single to minus digits.

That would be a little over 12 inches, thank you very much.
Not including the 1/2 inch of ice underneath.

But, since we are a bit smarter than those folks down in Atlanta, Northeast Kansas/KC Metro area pretty much shut down for two days.  Smart move, roads got cleared a lot faster, less people to rescue.

The spouse treated the folks that showed up at work well for those two days.  He's a good boss that way.

I got to work on cleaning our Matterhorn of a driveway.  But, first, I needed to gear up.  That consisted of Tim's old ski pants, my waterproof hiking boots, scarf up to my eyeballs, hat, and my big ass parka which later I decided looked like what Broadway Joe Namath wore for the coin toss at the Super Bowl.  But it's warm.  Finally, I put on Tim's NASA grade ski gloves and I was ready.  If I could figure out how to move with all of this on.

This is NOT my style.  I'm more of a shorts and swimsuit gal.


However, there was at least one carbon-based member of our household that was overjoyed with all of this nonsense.  And it's hard not to smile when you see a malamute in action in her element.

I love when my humans hide my toys in the snow for me to dig up.

Stop whining, it's great out!

Normally, there's a pool around here somewheres. 
Those are our lounge chairs.

This last bit is just for humor.  As I was TRYING to get a picture of both dogs romping in the snow, the crazy black dog decides to maul me.  Phone goes flying, I had to call it from the house phone to find it.  Found it, it works, but it wasn't until later I realized it took a picture while is was in midair.
Okay, I have cabin fever, it was funny to me.



One week until we fly to Miami and then down to the Keys.  Not that I'm counting.....


2 comments:

  1. OMG - I am loving your snow shoveling outfit....as I sit here in my swimsuit :) At least that dog looks happy. I would guess the dog you got in Key Largo is thinking along the same lines as you....WTF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, black dog don't like snow for long. She has no fur around her toes to keep them warm like the malamute.
    She's a roll up in her bed and wait for spring gal.

    ReplyDelete