As the top says, we like to sail, travel and eat. Most of this blog is written with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Beware that I might get a bit salty with the language at times, but it's all in good fun.
And despite what you may read, we are a very happily married couple.because we can laugh at ourselves.
Laugh. Love. Eat. Sail. Enjoy.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Crack Lighter-Smithsonian Edition

Okay, so, not necessarily crack lighter, but "utility" lighter. What-freaking-ever.  We always called them crack lighters.

The point is, we've had one in our house for a decade now. Works like a charm.  Outlasted about five others and at least two starters on the 'automatically' lighting grill (oh, and gas stovetop inside, grrrrrr)

Why is this lighter so special?  Because it doesn't have one of those safety trigger thing-a-ma-bobs on it.
Point. Press. Light.   Not. Point...oh crap, I'm holding it wrong so I can't get the safety button pressed now I'm good, press, maybe light half the time.

It's a family member now.  I will literally find away to have it rebuilt if it finally goes dead.  Has ANYBODY found a 'utility' lighter without the safety catch on it? Please send to me.

If you are wondering, the switch to the side is HOW BIG YOU WANT THE FLAME.
No safety shit here, nosiree.

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous, I had no idea you could get one of those without the safety crap. Now the search begins...

    ReplyDelete